Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Mrs. Plair
A while ago when I was in first grade, I had a teacher and her name was Mrs. Plair. Although this was first grade I knew that I liked to write and that I someday I wanted to be really good at it. Mrs. Plair was a normal first grade teacher, she was very encouraging and she inspired all the minds of us little seven year olds. Mrs. Plair told me I was a great writer and really helped me a lot if I had questions. One day I was feeling really good about my author skills so when I got home I decided to sit down and write a book. Because it only took an hour, right? Yeah, that’s what I used to think. Anyways, I wrote a book it was about two cats, one was named socks and the other one was scruffy. My story really didn’t have a point, they kind of just sat around and played all day and enjoyed their lives as cats. I drew pictures for it and when I was done I punched three holes in the side and tied it together with yarn. I was so excited about my new number one best selling book that I took it to school the next day to show Mrs. Plair. I read the book to her and showed her all my pictures that I worked on for so long. She asked to take my book and told me she wanted to give me a surprise so of course I let her have it. When I came in the classroom the next day my book was sitting on my desk… laminated. My teacher took time out of her day to laminate my book. This has stayed with me since first grade. It taught me that there really are people out there who care about your dreams and who want to help you. Although this wasn’t my book being published, it had the same affect on me. To this day, I do not think that Mrs. Plair knows how much that meant to me and I wish that I would have told her. Now my grandma has that book and I take it out and look at it every chance I get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I bet it'd be cool to take it back and show her.
ReplyDelete