Wednesday, December 14, 2011
The answer you've all been waiting for
As my last life lesson, I’m going to tell you how I answered that question that the readers of “The Last Lecture” had asked themselves. What would you do if you knew you were going to die? Who would you spend your time with? Of course this is not a question that is easy to answer, you can’t think about it for a minute and everything just come to mind. You really have to think about what you want to do, how you want to be remembered, and who you want to be around. I found my answer through an English project I had this year. My English teacher assigned a bucket list for us to do. We had to answer all of those questions. I had never thought about this seriously before so I felt challenged with the assignment. Once I thought about it for a while I knew the answer. I want to travel before I die, I want to be with my family and friends, and I really just want to be remembered for the good things about me. I knew that I wanted to be with my family right away, family is most important over anything. Sure, they aggravate you, or you get into trouble but you realize it’s just because you care for each other and worry about each other. I know that my family is the most influential people in my life and I cannot imagine myself without them. While doing that project I figured out what I think the meaning of life is, it’s not what you want to do before you die, or what you want to accomplish. It’s the bonds you form with the people you cannot live without along the way. You may agree, or you may disagree, it’s really an opinion. But I know now what I want is to be with the people I love, doing something that I enjoy. So I don’t want my English teacher to end up like my first grade teacher because I’ve made that mistake before. I want to make sure she knows how great it is that she assigned such a meaningful project and that with her help and encouragement in all of us students, I tried really hard… and you know what? I got an A.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment