Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chasing Liberty

A really long time ago I was watching TV, it was a day when you constantly flip through the channels and there is absolutely nothing on and yet you keep flipping because you know you have nothing better to do. I decided that since I couldn’t find anything, I’d settle for an unheard of ABC family movie. It was called, “Chasing Liberty”. Little did I know that I was watching my future lifelong favorite movie.  A quote from this movie has stuck with me since that very day that I was first watching. In the movie the main character, Anna, says, “The things you’re afraid of are usually the most worth while”. After I heard it I remembered it forever, it’s been years now and I still know that quote by heart. I remember it because it is so meaningful to me, and true. Ever since then, I think of that when I’m afraid of something. I’ll say it in my head and then I’ll be a little less scared. When I finally do the thing I was so scared to do, I realize that it was the most worth while. Also this is a love story… which how can you not love a good love story? In the movie she says this right before she goes bungee jumping off a bridge in Austria. This inspires me to do things that I think are worth it and not to worry too much. It’s clear to me that if you do not take chances then you’ll regret it. So even if you are scared of something, just go for it. In the end it’ll all be okay and if it’s not okay, it’s not the end.
Of course it's a love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment