Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Coach Jan
In eighth grade I was on an awesome softball team. We won first place in our playoffs and we were just really good. But I had this coach… her name was Coach Jan. Coach Jan was the kind of person who acted so sweet to our team but then when we weren’t around she would talk bad about us. It was sad to me because we were the teenagers and it felt like we were more mature then her. we would be sitting in the dugout while others were playing or we’d be standing near her while she was talking to another adult and we would constantly hear her talk badly about our teammates. Also, we would be told that she would say things about us, specifically. This was so foreign to me because my mom would never do that, my mom would never act like a child and gossip to other adults about little teenagers. I didn’t know what to do because I was taught to not be disrespectful to adults so I couldn’t just come out and say something, and even if I did, what would my opinion do? I soon learned to not pay attention to the things she said and just ignore it, but it still eats at me. I still do not understand why an adult would do that, was she still in that stage where you talk about others because you think it’ll make you popular? Whatever it was it definitely taught me how I do not want to be as an adult. I don’t want to make people feel bad and I don’t want my kids to end up like that. So maybe this isn’t a good teacher, she didn’t inspire me to do something great and she didn’t set a good example. But she did teach me something for sure, even when you are old, there are people who still act like they are children. It’s not okay to hurt others for your own gain of popularity or self confidence. That’s one that will always be true. So maybe one day she will realize this and who knows, maybe she already has. I hope she has a great life, and I don’t wish anything against her, I just wish she would have thought about what she was saying before she said it. There comes a time when people get too old for gossip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I can really relate to this subject. I despise it when the very people, who are supposed to be mature, act like a child. I agree that the best thing to do in these situations is to ignore them. Although, it is very difficult for me to do so.
ReplyDelete